Sunday, September 21, 2008

Deciphering corporate lingo

  • 'We will do it' means 'You will do it'.
  • 'You have done a great job' means 'More work to be given to you'.
  • 'We are working on it' means 'We have not yet started working on the same'.
  • 'Tomorrow first thing in the morining' means 'Its not getting done... At least not tomorrow!'.
  • 'After discussion we will decide - I am very open to views' means ' I have already decided, I will tell you what to do'.
  • 'There was a slight miscommunication' means 'We had actually lied'.
  • 'Lets call a meeting and discuss' means ' I have no time now, will talk later".
  • 'We can always do it' means 'We actually cannot do the same on time'.
  • 'we are on the rith track but there needs to be a slight extension of the dealine' means 'The project is screwed up, we cannot deliver on time.'
  • 'We had slight differences of opinion' means 'We had actually fought'.
  • 'Make a list of the work that you do and let's see how I can help you' means 'Anyway you have to find a way out no help from me'.
  • 'You should have told me earlier' means 'Well even if you tole me earlier that would have made hardly any difference!'
  • 'We need to find out the real reason' means 'Well I will tell you where your fault is'.
  • 'Well... family is important, your leave is always granted. Just ensure that the work is not affected' means ' Well you know ...'
  • 'We are a team' means ' I am not the only one to be blamed'.
  • 'That's actually a good question' means 'I do not know anything about it'.
  • 'all the Best' means 'You are in trouble

0 comments: